Tuesday, November 11, 2014

3 Tips for Beginner to Advanced Balisong Flippers

  1.  Never flip with the bite (the sharp) side of the blade. I don't even recommend this even if you are integrating it with you trick. I always stay clean and stay close to the dull edge just to be safe.  You can get some pretty nasty cuts, but more importantly, you will get to where you can't flip with that hand for a period of time due to the beaten up skin.
  2. Don't flip near fragile/cuttable objects. This may seem hard, but you don't want to risk a knife going through your favorite couch because you messed up on an easy trick. I make sure when I'm sitting down I always practice over the carpet, so when the inevitable drop of the knife comes I don't have to drop an extra $500 on furniture as well.
  3. Stay fully clothed. Yes that means even sandals, shorts, or cutoff shirts can really cause you some pain. When a knife is spinning and flying towards bare skin in the middle of the air a good result will never come of it. Don't take a stupid risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment